The Kentucky Interpreter and Translator Association’s goal is to provide continuing education opportunities and a forum for interpreters and translators to exchange knowledge and experience. We promote professionalism and public awareness of the importance of providing qualified language services for the Limited-English Proficient (LEP) community as well as the Deaf and hard of hearing community. KITA embraces the participation of the professional interpreter, those who work with interpreters, and those who have an interest in furthering the profession of interpreting and translation.
- To enhance the professional image of translators and interpreters of sign and spoken languages in all domains and specializations.
- To contribute to improving the standards and professional ethics, practices and competency of interpreters and translators.
- To strive to protect the rights and interests of all professional interpreters and translators.
- To increase professional and public awareness of the importance of providing qualified interpreters and translators.
- To provide an open forum for interpreters and translators to exchange ideas and experiences on a regular basis.