Whether you are a certified interpreter or translator, a qualified language service professional or an aspiring newcomer, education is a vital part of your professional development. Below is a list of educational institutions, professional associations and other agencies that offer online continuing education opportunities. This list is by no means authoritative nor exhaustive nor is it in any particular order.
- International Medical Interpreters Association (IMIA)
- Certification Commission for Healthcare Interpreters (CCHI)
- Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID)
- American Translators Association (ATA)
- University of Arizona National Center for Interpretation (NCI)
- Southern California School for Interpreting
- Interpreter Education Online
- National Institue for Coordinated Healthcare (NICHC)
Are you a professional interpreter or translator? Where do you go for education and professional development? We’d love to hear from you. Drop us a line here.